Frequently Asked Questions
Upon authorization of top-up transaction, funds will be available on the cardholder’s card for use within a few minutes.
Cardholders can check their transactions and account balance 24/7 – 365 days of the year through the Excelon App (available on Android and iOS) and on our Internet account management system.
No, cardholders will not earn any interest on the balance of funds loaded onto their cards or incur any interest on their spending.
All fees can be viewed on our terms and conditions.
No. The Prepaid Card is not a credit card. Neither is linked to your bank account. Hence, no credit checks are required.
To begin using your Excelon Prepaid Mastercard you must follow these simple steps:
1. Sign your name on the reverse of the card
2. Activate your card and get your PIN code through the Excelon App
3. Load your card and start purchases, payments or transfers. Once you have completed these steps your card is ready for use online, through our mobile application or over 37 million locations worldwide displaying the Mastercard Acceptance Mark.
Any Excelon Prepaid Mastercard Card is valid for 24 months.
Upon expiration, cardholder’s cards will no longer be available for any use. Clients can select to automatically send cardholders a replacement card with all available balance on their new card or the cardholder can request a payment of the remaining balance on the card and close the account.
– Transferring wages to your card
– To pay employees their wages onto the card
– To manage payments for travel expenses, fuel expenses, subsistence, amongst others
– To carry travel money on a card for safe and secure use abroad
– To share money with friends and family through additional cards
– To make or receive Insurance Claim payouts
– To use safely and securely on Gaming sites and make and receive winnings payouts
– Online Shopping 24/7, 365 days of the year
Essentially, you can use Excelon Prepaid Mastercard for your business or for yourself to make purchases online, over the phone and in-store at over 25 million locations worldwide, and withdrawals at over 1 million ATM locations worldwide where Mastercard is accepted.
Cardholder’s can use their cards to make purchases of products, goods and services at any location that accepts Mastercard.
Excelon Prepaid Mastercard cards are accepted at over 36.9 million locations worldwide displaying the Mastercard Acceptance Mark. In addition, you can withdraw money from ATM at any time and safely in more than 2.1 million locations worldwide displaying the Mastercard Acceptance Mark.
Yes. The secure Personal Identification Number (PIN) is deliveredinstantly after you have activated your card . The Prepaid Card can be used at ATM’s and point-of-sale (POS) locations worldwide.
The PIN is delivered through the Excelon App and Internet Service for security reasons.
When you purchase an Excelon prepaid card online your card can be loaded to a maximum of 2500€.
If you wish to increase this limit you can do so by verifying your data (ID, Address and Photo). Verified Excelon prepaid cards can load up to 30,000€ to their card.
Verified Excelon prepaid cardholders have access to load their card with a debit card. In order to verify your card you must provide us with proof of your identity (passport or driver’s license) and a proof of address (utility bill or bank statement). You can easily verify yor card through the Excelon App in a few minutes.
You can load your Excelon Prepaid Mastercard using a number of different methods.
1. Wire Transfer to Excelon prepaid Mastercard Personal IBAN
2. Online – Register your prepaid card online with us to link the card to your Prepaid card. Once you have registered your debit/credit card you can then load funds directly to your prepaid card. You can register your debit/credit card to your prepaid card by logging onto our online banking platform here and following the instructions from there.
3. Transfer funds from another Excelon Prepaid Mastercard
4. Load funds from another Excelon through the ExcelonPay QR code
Yes. Excelon provides each of its clients with access to real-time comprehensive information on the Excelon App and the Internet Service
This information enables our clients to actively monitor the status of their card program and utilize the information to follow consumer trends for their own marketing and promotions campaigns.
Yes, Excelon Prepaid Mastercard Card products can be topped up subject to the maximum balance available on the cardholder’s card.
Depending upon our client’s requirements, cardholders can re-load (top up) their cards by SMS, telephone, online or at over 30,000 participating top-up locations.
Yes you can lock and unlock your card at anytime to protect it from being missused or any other reason you deem important. You can do this directly though the Excelon App.
Cardholders are required to report as soon as possible when they understand that theri card may be stolen or lost.
They can do it directly through the Excelon App or Internet Service.
They can contact the call center and request a new card.
The cardholder’s card will then be cancelled and a replacement card will be sent to them subject to a replacement fee stated in the terms and conditions.
If you haven’t verified your first Excelon Mastercard, you can only own 1 card
If you verify your first Excelon Mastercard, you can own 3 additional cards (4 total) with the increased limits that the verified cards provide.
Upon receipt of a Prepaid Card, cardholders must sign the back of the card in the box highlighted “authorized signature” and then activate their card as per the instructions provided in the welcome pack. Cards must be activated through a website before cardholders can access their funds or load funds onto their Prepaid Card.
Upon application all applicants must read and accept the terms and conditions of the card program. These terms and conditions are approved by the issuing bank.
Excelon Prepaid Mastercard cards operate on the standard Mastercard networks. The Excelon Prepaid Mastercard Card can be used like any credit or debit card. The prepaid value loaded on the card can be used by cardholders at participating retail merchant locations for purchases and ATM’s worldwide for withdrawals. Funds will be immediately debited from the cardholders balance upon authorization of any transaction. Purchases or cash withdrawals are deducted from the balance until the loaded value is spent. The card can be loaded over and over again. A full transaction history can be viewed via an online account management facility and using mobile phone.
Prepaid Mastercards provided by PFS are not credit cards, charge cards or debit cards.
Excelon Prepaid Mastercards are reloadable cards, issued by a financial institution. Cards are available in different currency denominations. Each time the card is used, the value of the purchase is deducted from the funds available on the card. Funds are loaded onto the card either at the time of purchase or at a later date.
The value is held at a bank and not on the card. The card does not offer credit. In essence, you need to load funds on to your card before you can use those funds.
As a cardholder, you can use your card to make purchases online, in-store and over the phone at over 36.9 million locations worldwide displaying the Mastercard Acceptance Mark. In addition, you can withdraw money from ATM at any time and safely in more than 2.1 million locations worldwide displaying the Mastercard Acceptance Mark.
1. Shopping securely online – Your card is not linked to your bank account greatly reducing the risk of fraud when you shop online.
2. Sending money to family and friends – Excelon cardholders can send money to other Excelon cardholders instantly for a set rate of €1.00
3. Individuals with a poor credit rating – Any resident of the UK over 18 years of age is eligible for a Excelon card. No credit checks.
4. Managing your budget – Set out your budget, load it to the card and you can be safe in the knowledge you can never spend more than you can afford
5. Online gambling – If you like an occasional flutter on the horses or playing online poker the Excelon card could be ideal for you.
6. Teens – Keep track of your kids spending by loading their spending money onto a card.
7. Wages Payments – Cashing wages cheques can be both costly and time consuming.
8. Business Expenses cards – Business expenses cards provide a quick distribution method for company expenses or per diem allowances.